Does this sound like you....
Job title: Professional Organiser
Do you love decluttering and organising?
Do you love helping people with their homes?
Are you able to adapt to changing clients and different homes?
Let us tell you a bit about becoming a Queen!
Taryn and Kirrilee started this business as a passion project over four years ago. Since then, we now have a team of 19 Queens, who cover everywhere from Yanchep to Mandurah (& a bit further on special occasions).
Queens of Clutter work on casual employment hours. This means you can work as little or as much as you like.
Some weeks there may not be many requested jobs and other times you may be booked weeks in advance!
Our business is growing quickly as we help many new clients.
When a client contacts us, Taryn and Kirrilee have a quick chat to work out where the client lives and what days suit them before referring them to you.
You chat with the client to work out exactly what they want and book a time and date with them directly.
This means that if you have a holiday booked, an event on, or can only work school hours then you can work around it and find a time suitable for both yourself and the client.
Every client is different.
Some of our clients are literally drowning in their homes, some of our clients want pretty pantries and most sit somewhere in between. Some are just one appointments to sort out a toy room, others we see weekly or fortnightly long term to sort out every room of their house.
Many of our clients have mental or physical health challenges so an ability to adapt and empathise is very important in being a Queen.
A portion of our client base has significant clutter challenges including hoarding disorder. Being able to assist these clients judgment-free is important to us as often they have avoided asking for help previously due to fear of being judged.
Job Specifics :
- We pay you for on-the-job training (you will initially be working with the other team members) and pay for the training courses required for the job. We pay superannuation and PAYG tax for our employees.
- An additional service offered by Queens of Clutter is to remove items from client’s homes for gifting. We will help you with all the different places they can go but this is part of the job. In some instances there is almost nothing to take away however there can be quite a lot of items to donate from most jobs.
- We do pay you for travel and our aim is to give you as many jobs in your local area as possible.
- Most of our appointments are 3-4 hours but can go longer if it works for both parties
Requirements to be a Queen:
- A reliable car so you can take donations away after appointments when required
- The ability to get a police clearance
- Availability at least 4 days a week (school hours ok)
- A real passion for helping people declutter and organise
- Patience and understanding for people of all different backgrounds and mental and physical abilities
- There is often lifting and carrying involved, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Some areas we declutter have been untouched for a long time and the odd creepy crawly comes with the territory. A tolerance for the odd surprise is helpful!
- An ability to work with other team members for large jobs but also on your own and manage your client’s appointments and communication
If this sounds perfect for you, we would love to hear from you. Please download the application form and email your application to us at [email protected]